After your tattoo, i will cover the area with cling film. Around 3 hours after I have done this you will need to take the cling film off, wash the area with warm water and apply healing balm. Washing your tattoo with warm water ensures you wash all the plasma “clear fluid” from your tattoo. After washing your tattoo pat dry with a clean paper towel or clean soft cloth. With your fingertips apply a small amount healing balm to your tattoo. I recommend keeping your tattoo wrapped for the first 2-3 days (including during the night) however taking the cling film off 3-4 times a day to clean and reapply healing balm. Make sure to wash your hands before touching your tattoo. This usually stops 6-10 hours after receiving your tattoo.
I recommend El Gato Negro Tattoo Healing Balm which is available to buy at the studio for £3.
- Always keep the tattooed area clean.
- Always wash your tattoo before applying healing balm.
- Repeat 3-5 times a day for 2 weeks or until the skin is healed.
- For 2 weeks avoid swimming, hot tubs, baths or prolonged submersion.
- For the first month avoid prolonged direct sunlight and tanning.
- DO NOT scratch or pick tattoo.
- DO NOT let anyone touch your tattoo.
- REMEMBER a tattoo is an open wound.
Following these instructions will ensure your tattoo will heal well and keep your tattoo looking its best.